Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Memories - old technology

On Sunday, 25 June 2017 14:34:49 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:

no-one broadcasts 405 so not much point. It was similarly pointless pre-82 for different reasons.

Except when you have a vintage TV and you would like to see it
working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9b7_x0g0uM&t=19s

All done with a PC with a suitable display card (an old ATI Radeon HD
2400 in my case), a piece of software called WinModelines
http://www.geocities.ws/podernixie/h...deline-en.html

and a home made VHF modulator, I'm using this design
http://www.earlytelevision.org/405_modulator.html

Most poeple use an Arora 625 to 405 digital converter which costs
about £200 and is far less flexable.

I have a 1950s tv, and I still see broadcasting 405 as pointless. A VCR or anything else with baseband output can be hooked to the tuner output easier & quicker than getting a 405 tx. I daresay it's different if you have a whole collection of the things.

NT