Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default cutting 1/2" thick aluminum bars on a budget?

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 7:05:09 AM UTC-4, JBL wrote:

Yes, I don't see those blades listed at HF. I assume you mean this one
from HD:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Avanti-10...200X/202021698

The one I used during the burnout was this one:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Avanti-10...-202021698-_-N

Do not use a plywood blade. Use a blade with about 8 to 24 carbide teeth. And do not feed too fast. wear eye and ear protection. The plywood blade has too many teeth and since they are not carbide tipped the teeth will get hot and then dull. And being dull will make them get even hotter.

Dan