Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Another London attack from religious nutcases

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:34:08 +0100, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:11:20 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 12/06/2017 20:06, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:49:57 +0100, Bod wrote:

Why not leave it to peoples common sense.

Because common sense is uncommon. It's more important to keep traffic
flowing than to let every swinging dick wander across the streets
whenever and wherever he wants.

Cindy Hamilton

We don't seem to have those sort of problems with pedestrians walking
across roads.

You guys must live in a perfect world, at least by your indications
there is nothing ever wrong in the Yewt Kay.

I don't buy it!

There is *no* Jaywalking law in The UK. That is a fact.

So go play in the traffic, I'd not be mad about it.

I'll bet your street intersections have signs about looking for cars.
Meh. You folks likely don't look both directions when you cross the
streets. Americans are smart. Our mothers told us not to play in the
street for a reason.

We don't have signs like that except at unusual roads where you might not expect cars from a certain direction.

Almost every pedestrian looks both ways subconsciously before crossing. The only time I've ever had to brake to avoid one is when they're distracted, eg their friend across the street shouts to them.

--
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway