Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Floor fan won't run?

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:09:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, 24 June 2017 21:05:13 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 20:20:18 +0100,
(Roger Hayter)
wrote:

snip

Assuming it doesn't have brushes,

It doesn't Roger, an AC 'synchronous motor' I think they call them.

I don't think it can be. Sychronous motors lock to the mains frequency.

Ok.

Fan motors have slip.

Sure, I was probably just differentiating between a brushed and
non-brushed motor. ;-(

snip

Check. It should be here on Monday. ;-)

someone needs a junkbox.

'Someone' has more than enough 'junkboxes' but just none that holds
that sort of component (more likely low voltage / digital stuff) or
that I can find (hence my question about a box database a bit back).
;-(

Cheers, T i m