Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cooling Off period

Well , I got the bush hog pivot bracket repaired , and it's cooling
slowly . I'm not sure just how hot it got , my IR thermometer wouldn't
read it . Not red hot , but not far off either . Welded it with some
7018 then put the heat back on it for another 20 minutes to be sure it
was uniformly hot , then packed it in firebricks and fiberglass
insulation to cool slowly . I did a check for distortion , I have a slug
that was a just-slightly-loose fit that dropped thru quite nicely . I
did contact the guy before I welded it together to ask about the pin it
rides on , he said the pin is not worn at all .

--

Snag