Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Bitrex Bitrex is offline

Default PC timing problem

On 06/24/2017 02:18 PM, Dimitrij Klingbeil wrote:

Whatever generates the timing, could then distribute the same signal to
the new "light enable" port on the monitor and to the other gear.

Dimitrij

P.S. Just recently there was a thread on sci.electronics.repair that
dealt with light-related issues in TVs and hacking them to get the
maximum brightness reduced. Maybe somebody from there can suggest
monitor-related info too.

Killing the backlight is definitely the way to go, but some PC graphics
hardware and monitors have a a one-wire interface routed along with the
display signal for the monitor to report its capabilities to the OS and
for the OS to control the display brightness, independently of the GPU
and display hardware. I'd try to get my hands on one of those and see if
doing it all via software was fast enough before I started hacking into
a monitor!