Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default In case you have not bought your rolling tool boxes yet.

On 6/24/17 11:41 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/23/2017 9:49 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 6/23/17 9:13 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 6:02:26 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqZ...s#t=266.113364

You know, I feel like I must have dozed off somewhere. I know
these things have been popular among the more specialized "on
site" repairmen, specialty workers, etc. for decades. My buddy
that repairs medical equipment has been using them for 30 years,
at least.

But they were never this nice, never this affordable, and never
this rugged. I found this while doing some snooping around after
MIKE's post about rolling boxes:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Stanley-Fat...wer/1000135763

They aren't as rugged as the Ridgid, but they are still pretty
sturdy and if you were using them properly they should be great.

Are the Milwaukees out anywhere? Honestly, I would be afraid to
have the red boxes out as it would seem to be a large blinking
beacon saying "steal me... steal me... steal me". The lease
attention the better.

Robert

Those Milwalkees look incredible, but I bet they are at least twice
the cost of the Ridgid. If I'm going to pay over $200 for a set,
then I'm biting the bullet on the Dewalt's to get the extra
features of their dolly system.

IIRC the video mentioned about $139.00 for the large set. I may have
misunderstood.

Well, that would be very competitive!
I just assumed because of the name, it would be twice as much. You
know, like if it was Festool, it would be 10x as much. :-)

I like how the Millwallkkey ones lock together, with with the smaller
cases and bags/pouches. That's a great feature and supposedly they
unlatch with one hand.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)