Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Miniature Chop Saw

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 16:32:32 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

snip
Do you have a miniature chopsaw or know somebody who has one?

I have a new HF 6 inch Chop Saw. It's still new in the box, never got
around to setting it up. Thought it would be nice for roughing out
lathe bits. HF has blades for it but they rarely go on sale. I think I
bought some but was really planning on just using the 4.5 inch blades
which you can get deals on. I have the older version of this, it was
shaped differently:

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-5...saw-61659.html

Sorry I don't have any usage info but it probably don't matter
seeing they don't carry that version anymore...

They also have a 2 inch mini model, which sounds more like what
you are interested in:

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-m...saw-62136.html

I'm pretty sure you can get a version of that from Micro-Mart too...

That being said you could probably use a cable nipper. Like a Greenlee
722 Wire Rope & Wire Cutter or the HK Porter version.

https://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-722-...dp/B00125KG9C/

https://www.amazon.com/Porter-Pocket...dp/B0009Z88OQ/

These are pretty tough cutters and have a scissors action which
shouldn't leave much of a burr...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b