Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bush Hog repair

On 6/23/2017 10:59 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
I might be tempted to braze it.

Brazing would work. Welding any 4130/40 that thick is going to need
pre-heat and, probably, post-heat.

Here's an article on welding 4130 that we published last year. It took
me a year to squeeze this article out of the experts. I was frustrated
for years by the vast amount of bull that's been published about
welding 4130, and I finally got to the right guy at Hobart:

http://magazine.fsmdirect.com/2016/sept/d/#page7

I've always been a fan of brazing, probably because an old-timer taught
me and it's a go-to for me.

---
http://www.avg.com