Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Pool pump

In article ,
says...

We have had around 4 inches of rain over last 12-13 hours on top of a
bunch over the last couple of months. Today my pool pump has decided to
trip the ground fault breaker. When the pump is off, everything else on
the breaker (the lights, the plugs and the auto cover) work fine. Any
suggestions on where the problem might be and how to fix it other than
letting nature take its course?

Open up any wire junction boxes outside that may have gotten wet.
Include the one on the motor. Use a hair dryer or heat gun on them if
damp. If using a heat gun be very careful you do not melt the
insulation of the wires.