Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

TimR posted for all of us...

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 12:44:45 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

And other times, it's just that the supplier of the part is making
crap and it just keeps failing. I had that experience with a Sears
de-humidifier. The fan burned out, so I bought a replacement one.
It lasted less than a year. Then foolishly I bought one more.
That one burned out when it was first powered up. And yes, it was
wired in right, it was just a simple AC two speed motor.

Wait a minute, you got several years out of a dehumidifier?

How the heck did you do that?

He turned it off and never turned it back on.

--
Tekkie