Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

In article m,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

You can have fire doors which are held open by a electromagnet for a
pre-determined time to allow getting things like large objects
through. And close automatically in event of a fire alarm. All sorts
of ways round it.

All of which can be defeated by a simple wooden wedge

Then you educate the tenants to remove any they come across. Hardly
rocket science.

So big beefy, half drunk or worse tenant puts a wedge in the door and
you expect the OAP living next door to take it out.

Or the OAP puts that wedge there? And why would a drunk (or worse) go to
the bother of making a wedge and using it?

But yes. I certainly would. And explain why to that drunk when he was
sober.

I would love to see you try.
Assuming you could talk after removing the wedge.

You have never lived in social housing have you dave?
Have you even been in a block of council flats?

Didn't realise you were such a wimp, dennis. And unable to reason with
people because you're scared of them all.

I'm not scared of them but I have known people that were.
I am quite sure that you would be when the big guy shoved you down the
stairs.

It appears you are as far removed from "real" people as the Tories you
claim are.

Do you want to offer any evidence that you aren't?

I'd really suggest you go to a few council estates and see for yourself.
Your idea that they are all filled with misfits is as far from reality as
you.

I spent the last few years delivering drugs for the Birmingham
children's hospital, I can assure you that you do not have a clue! You
have about as much idea of what goes on as the queen does.

I suggest you get out and look before you spout off about stuff you know
nothing of, like life.