Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Memories - old technology

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 17:30:12 +0100, "NY" wrote:

I remember in the early 1970s my friend's parents had a Hitachi colour TV
and it had a tint control (we had fun tweaking it just before his granddad
wanted to watch the snooker!). I understand that Hitachi didn't pay the
royalty to use a genuine PAL decoder and converted PAL to NTSC and then used
an NTSC decoder (or something like that).

The Sony 18 inch from that era also had something similar but they called it a
hue control. It also had a shedload of wirewrapping between boards rather than
using connectors.

On a Bush 26 inch from the mid 70's you removed the back and a panel could be
swung up which had all the setting up adjustments in sequence complete with
instructions.