Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default More Brexit News which won't be appearing on this NG at least.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
We were the country which flounced out of the EU without checking on
what
it might cost first. If the EU can calculate any monies owed after we
leave, so can we and query them if inaccurate.

There will be some things that we should pay our part of, but probably
only a small fraction of what they are currently demanding.

Of course it will be subject to negotiation. No point in having talks is
nothing can be changed.

Of course the other side is we have a percentage interest in every EU
funded project built since we joined - airports, railways, roads,
buildings - we can also calulate that.

Which means the EU would also partially own any projects in the UK which
they funded or part funded - of which there are many.

The latest is that they want the UK to pay for re-locating EU
institutions that are currently based in the UK into another EU country.
Surely it is their choice to relocate them? We have certainly said that
they can stay. If they want to move them, they should pay for it.

Why would the EU continue to have institutions etc here if the UK is going
to make it very difficult for EU citizens to work here? Rather the same as
with BMW etc.

At the moment, if there is a problem on say the Mini production line that
needs attention from head office in Germany, that person or people can
just hop on the first plane and come here. If you are going to 'take back
control of our borders,' such a thing is going to be very much more
difficult.

Only to small-minded people. So you think that someone has to physically be
there in 2017? Remember, the Germans are very green-minded and will be
averse to unnecessary air travel. CO2 and all that.