Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default continuous cleaning oven

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 8:06:44 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/22/2017 6:14 PM, Linda Rae wrote:
In the 70's (gold stoves and appliances were popular) my parents remodeled
their kitchen and purchased Kenmore appliances. The oven was a continuous
cleaning type and it worked Wonderfully.
hoping they still make continuous cleaning ovens, When I complained to
Sears
the first time they told me I was the first person to ever complain
about the
discoloration. I don't know if it was just a design flaw or that they
lied or
no one ever bothered to complain. I would do better with easy off oven
cleaner
because it does look nicer when done and just more work and less expensive.

I don't think they made that type for 30 years now. You are the first
person I ever heard say they liked it.
IMO, Continuous Clean was really "always looks dirty"

I don't have experience with the continuous clean type, but I have a kitchenaid self cleaning and it works fine. Not much left but a little light ash, no black stuff coming out the vents. Also, I think all these ovens continuous clean to some extent. It's just that at the very high clean cycle temps it can oxidize the gunk even more. If it wasn't burning some of it off all the time I think it would get dirtier a lot quicker.