Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default Another electrical question: sub main wiring

On 22/06/2017 11:17, wrote:
The large'ish 1930s house I moved to a few weeks ago has some
"interesting" wiring that I need to sort out over the months ahead.
The incomer is in the (attached) garage.
There's a Henley block that splits the tails into 4. One of these goes
to a 16 way plastic CU in the garage, two go to 4 way DBs (to sheds,
elec shower and elsewhere) in the garage, and 1 goes (via an isolator)
to a sub-main that goes to an 8 way (wire-fused) CU in the house for the
sockets. One of the MCBs in the 14 way board feeds a second 8 way
(wire-fused) CU in the house for the lights.

Does the house have an earth rod or does the electric co supply you with
an earth?

--
Adam