Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mouser Electronics

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 2:19:43 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

In other words, the notice that the part is
about to become discontinued is a very effective sales pitch.

Rick & Jeff:

By any standard, I am a onsie-twosie buyer, so this sort of notice is of interest to me as indicative of a level-of-service. I might buy 200 capacitors of a common value, or diodes (1-3 year supply, but sure to be used) so as to reach price-points, but other than those few things, I usually purchase in 10-or-less amounts, and then most purchases are task-specific. Put another way, what I repair is personal, not-for-money, and not time-critical.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA