Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default uk-d-i-y.moderated? Views...

In message , Tim Watts
writes

Opinions please

I'm not techie enough to know exactly what is being proposed here, but
to me, there are two options - Usenet or anything web based. Trying to
combine the two, or run two in parallel is the stuff of nightmares.

I can see that staying with Usenet, but moderated as uklm has
advantages, but not convinced the advantages outweigh the disadvantages
such as needing volunteer moderators who really should be on duty 24/7.
uklm is an excellent group, but much less traffic than here (because it
is moderated?), and it does or can take hours for messages to appear,
whereas here, conversations can almost be instantaneous.

I suppose some sort of forum is possible, but my view is it might as
well be a Facebook group. Either way, I wouldn't bother. Sorry.

Bottom line? This group is still active, and works well with use of
delete buttons and killfiles for those in need.
--
Graeme