Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default uk-d-i-y.moderated? Views...

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 18:56:25 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

Opinions please

It's a no from me. Still using a very old reader. "Watch threads"
means quick reading through, just using space bar to advance. "Keep
posts" gives me my own little library of items of interest to me.

I subscribe to about 30 groups, some are better than others but
uk.d-i-y seems a good catchall for anything practical.

Forums are ok but nowhere near as slick and invariably I end up with a
"notify when someone posts" email check box which doesn't always work.

I'm still on a couple of email list systems, again very easy to keep
abreast of topics without having to go searching.

It is noticeable though that the overall quality of postings and help
on usenet has dropped over the years. Letting the young know how to
set up Usenet and Email Lists would only make it worse, full of LOLS,
emoticons and wasteful selfies.

Plenty of free image sites if one is needed. Shame the binaries have
gone LOL!!

--
AnthonyL