Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Brexit News which won't be appearing on this NG at least.

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 07:12:47 UTC+1, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1601997 20170621 133107 whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 20:14:30 UTC+1, Bill wrote:
In message , michael
adams writes
Basically until the UK agrees to pay them what they think they're due,
regardless of whether anyone else thinks this is fair or not, they're
not going to negotiate on anything else.

This was the fait accompli which Davis was presented with on Monday
morning.

If you read the article some of the sums being mentioned as compo are
simply staggering i.e 100 billion

It's maybe no wonder a lot of people are trying to play this down.

So the EU position is "Pay us 100 billion or you have to stay in our
cartel (club or whatever)"?

But the 100 billion was just a down payment wasn;t it.
They are just like any other blackmailer.

Any sane person would treat this as a wind up or insanity.

I'd chage them rent on the EU buildings we helped to pay for.

Can I charge rent on all the UK buildings that my taxes have helped pay for?

So you agree that any building that falls down or needs replacing you should pay for. So how much should you pay for the rebuilding of the twin towers or whatever they replace them with ?
Maybe UK citizens should pay for Trumps wall too after all we did 'own' america a couple of hundred years ago so surely we should still be paying then or should they be paying us.

When countries left the commonwealth we didn't ask them to pay us money for leaving did we.

if Scotland decide the leave the UK how much should we charge scotland to leave ?