Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default uk-d-i-y.moderated? Views...

On Thursday, 22 June 2017 10:48:23 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 22/06/2017 09:31, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Getting some new blood would be nice and the younger do seem to like
web based "forums" but does anybody under 30 actually do any DIY more
advanced than a flatpack bookcase?

yes they do. Far less than our generations, but yes.

My poll[1] shows not a single one of those who do is aware of Usenet or
GG, or would dream of using them on their phones.

[1] non-random, non-stratified, sample size = 3 DIY-ers

Yep, no youngster wants anything to do with a text only medium. It's nowhere near loaded with all the distracting crap they require. None are willing to try it to discover that it's only the garbage that's gone.

If we have a portal maybe it could allow posting pics, then a fair number of posts here would direct people to it. FWIW those links might also appear on the home owners hub site, or whatever it's called.

NT