Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default uk-d-i-y.moderated? Views...

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 08:38:54 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

We could moderate and kill OT stuff and obnoxiousness whist
whitelisting anyone who posts reasonable stuff;

One mans bacon is anothers taboo...

Could keep all the leeching web portals off, by force if

necessary;

Are the leech sites busy? Only stuff I notice from there are the

Some people have to be willing to moderate;

Who? A bacon lover (or not)?

Would we need our own properly done web portal to make it popular

and
capture new blood?

Getting some new blood would be nice and the younger do seem to like
web based "forums" but does anybody under 30 actually do any DIY more
advanced than a flatpack bookcase?

Might as well make it a forum and take money for advertising?

Ugh! Forums are horrid.

double plus +1

Most have no proper threading, they are slow ('cause of all the eye
candy), searching is frequently fruitless even if you know what you
are looking for 'cause you've seen it before and you have to go
trapesing round each one just in case there is something new of
interest.

A mailing list would be far superiour to a web based forum.

--
Cheers
Dave.