Dave Plowman

Default [OT] Car insurance craziness

In article ,
Essjay001 wrote:
every office I have ever worked in MOD or government the latest
correspondence is placed on top of the file and that has been a
convention since before the computer was invented.

As, indeed, happens with a new post here which will be at the top of the
file called the subject. But in the days of hand typed memos etc in an
office, it wasn't commonplace to repeat the previous posts on the subject,
merely to refer to them.

Now I don't know what you used before the computer was invented, but I
think I have pointed to paper if not directly

The ability to store and retrieve previous material easily that a
wordprocessor provides makes for the possibility of new rules...

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn