Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trex - horrible to paint

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:17:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/21/2017 9:08 AM, wrote:
Our Trex deck is 5 years old and is sable brown. We have boards that are turning white and other boards turning black. What the heck can be done to get my color back. I have washed it as recommended and in a few hours it is back. I'm lost as what to do. I've even used the stain recommended and it comes back right away. Any suggestions? Very frustrated and tired!

Replace it. Check your local lumber yard or
http://www.advantagelumber.com/

Thank you for reinforcing my decision NOT to use Trex.

The new clad trex is WAY different than the original trex, which you
can no longer buy. The old "rough" TREX was knarly stuff. - the clad
product MUCH better. Mine is coming up 10 or 12 years and looks like
new.