Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 19:33:12 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 21/06/17 18:01, tabbypurr wrote:
If BR vanished we'd be back to how it was over a century ago. Some
houses were built properly to last, some weren't and haven't survived
the test of time. And some have worked well, some have been
unsatifactory.

if BR vanished insurers would set up something similar and it would be a
condition of insurance

1 or 2 might, but there'd still be a huge market for noncompliant
houses. As there is today. I don't know any insurer that refuses
Victorian houses.

They did some years ago. Along with many building societies. But only some
designs. Difficult types were terraced with semi basements. Presumably due
to damp issues.

NT

--
*Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.