Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default A stark reminder for BLO users!

When it comes to rags, paper towels or even foam brushes that have any
sort of solvent or finish on them, I generally put them in an empty
terra cotta flowerpot outdoors, with nothing but brick and concrete
nearby.

On 6/21/2017 12:28 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/21/2017 9:33 AM, Casper wrote:
Spalted Walt was heard to mutter:
A *very* lucky dude.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/v0CPhmplHek?rel=0
---

Very lucky indeed. Really surprised the wood didn't ignite. He could
have lost a serious amount of stuff in that building.

So what is the 'best' way to handle such rags?
How many oils does this apply to besides BLO?

I've avoided using BLO because of this hazard and the area I live.
But I'm thinking of trying it and a few other oils for finishing.

I've read up on handling, MSDS, etc., but I'm always open to hearing
better and safer methods.

---
http://www.avg.com

I spread my rags out and lay them apart from each other and anything
else on the concrete floor. If they catch fire they do not ignite any
thing else.
Or lay them out side the same way.

---