Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 17:56:53 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:22:08 on Wed, 21 Jun
2017, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

Having emergency lights and so on. Proper signs etc. There weren't even
any floor numbers on it. Great help to the rescue services - not.

If those were missing, I'm sure the enquiry will tell us.

It was mentioned by a fireman on TV.

Missing or, not working?

But yes. Let's hope any enquiry is comprehensive and findings acted on.
Sad it has taken a disaster of this magnitude for some to realise building
regs etc aren't just red tape to annoy people.

It's a see-saw. There are some, I've been told, who are fed up with red
tape from un-elected bureaucrats (of which there as just as many in the
UK,

there are, but at least there is the possibility to change them & their laws. And they don't insist we hand over billions of pounds every year, with silly excuses to up the bill greatly every so often.

NT

where 80% of our laws derive; the 20% of EU-derived ones get a bad
press).