Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Brexit News which won't be appearing on this NG at least.

On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 14:44:47 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 20:14:30 UTC+1, Bill wrote:
In message , michael
adams writes
Basically until the UK agrees to pay them what they think they're due,
regardless of whether anyone else thinks this is fair or not, they're
not going to negotiate on anything else.

This was the fait accompli which Davis was presented with on Monday
morning.

If you read the article some of the sums being mentioned as compo are
simply staggering i.e 100 billion

It's maybe no wonder a lot of people are trying to play this down.

So the EU position is "Pay us 100 billion or you have to stay in our
cartel (club or whatever)"?

But the 100 billion was just a down payment wasn;t it.
They are just like any other blackmailer.

We were the country which flounced out of the EU without checking on what
it might cost first.

Maybe we werenl;t expecting it to cost anything to leave such clubs usually cost money to join but not to leave. If the EU can calculate any monies owed after we
leave, so can we and query them if inaccurate.

When peole leave employment either retiring or to go elsewhere you don't have to pay to leave. Why would you expect to pay to leave. ?

Of course yuo could ask the EU to show where it states that any country leaving must pay a leaving fee, if there's n o such thing does that still mean we have to pay.

Any sane person would treat this as a wind up or insanity.

I'd chage them rent on the EU buildings we helped to pay for.

Excellent. But not pay for the running costs?

Do you pay for the running costs of your car when you sell it on.
Do you pay the running costs of a house when you sell it and move on.

100 Billion a day excluding VAT of course. If they don't like it
what will they do knock them down ?

Because you 'helped pay' for something doesn't mean you own the whole
thing.

Exactly so what is the 100 billion for ?
if you join a football club or any other club is those in the club want a new facility, there's an option of everyone 'clubbing' together to pay for it.
if after a few years you leave that club or die do you have to pay for teh next thing the club wants.

I've a better idea when you buy a car you pay road tax, when you sell the car you still have to pay road tax for that car for teh rest of yuor life, yuo did afterall agree to pay road tax by buying it in the first place so yuo have NO reason not to pay that tax for that car for teh rest of yuor life, and of course after the money will be taken from your estate every year.
if yuo should buy another car you'll pay tax on that too and you'll keep paying for the rest of your life.

Oh and we wonlt tell you how much tax we are adding in to the road tax either, you agreed to havce a car and yuo drove it on a road, so you pay for the rest of yuor life or don't you think roads need repairing after you die ?