Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:

It would almost certainly be cheaper and better to demolish and start
again.

I don't think anyone is suggesting doing it to that block.

I wasn't either. It will almost certainly be demolished - even if the
structure is still sound. I doubt many would want to live in a building
with a history like that no matter how well repaired.

There are plenty of examples around where it is more cost effective to
start afresh than do major alterations to the structure.

Once its pulled down they can sell the land for a profit.