Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 11:17:01 UTC+1, Michael Chare wrote:
A nearby wooden bungalow was refurbished and the insulation improved
with Celotex a few years ago. I wonder if the occupants know that was
the stuff on the outside of Grenfell tower that burns at high
temperatures and gives off toxic fumes.

I have considered putting some Celotex in my attic and then covering it
with thin plywood so that I could walk on it but I have rather gone off
the idea, though if the house catches fire badly, I am unlikely to want
to go in the attic.

I think the answer is to have good fire alarms.
Perhaps even in the loft itself and linked to the others.