Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

On 21/06/17 00:11, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

Get some and put a blowtorch to it.
Celotex insulation does not really burn.

I set some on fire quite easily with the sparks of a metal grinding disk
when using an off-cut of Cellotex as a spark deflecter (thinking the
stuff would be fireproof). The sparks were hitting the non-foiled end
grain and I'm sure it actually had flames coming from it not to mention
lots of quite nasty smoke.

That is not being on fire.
And I rather doubt your story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkM1kOO0S0I

is what happened when I tried. (no that isn't me. just a video I found)