Posted to alt.home.repair
OCMamabear OCMamabear is offline

Default Dryer vent hose is filling up with water!

replying to ncben108, OCMamabear wrote:
We have the same problem! I now have to suck out water daily from the outside
vent. Seems to fill with about 1 gallon of water after a load of wash/dry. Our
line also runs under the house to the outside wall. I'm guessing 8 feet. Has
anyone thought of a solution? I'd hate to have to hire out a plumber to figure
out what's up...
Mitch, did you ever find the resolution? Found your post while doing some

research. I have the same problem. I have to use a shop vac and clean out my
dryer vent each week. 2.5 gallons....a week. Dryer has been SLOW to dr y (3
hours a load) and now it's not heating at all. The other problem is t hat the
vent actually runs from the dryer to the wall, underneath my home a nd then back
up from the grass outside, and it's at least 15 feet from the laundry room to
the exhaust outside. I'm terrified that we are going to ha ve to move the vent.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-452005-.htm