Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PING -MIKE-

On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 8:13:17 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I read recently that there is a movement to make McDonalds responsible
for wages and labor compliance issues for all stores, including
franchisees. Seems wrong to me.

From that article and something I saw on Bloomberg, McD's said they were wanting to have around 5% (it's a goal, anyway) McD's ownership of their own so they can continue to use the restaurants as test beds.

But if the government is looking to make McD's responsible for labor relations, labor management, wages as per regional norms, etc., etc., that is indeed just plain wrong. If McD's wanted to do the hard part they would be buying back their stores, not selling them.

Robert