Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Brexit Omen

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I doubt many avid Brexiteers saw Trump coming. With many of the same
ideas they have - pull up the draw bridge.

I thought the EU were acting like Trump by not allowing in foreign goods
or rather goods from countries outside their own that they couldn't
compete with and then call it 'free trade'

There you go then. All the more reason not to leave before finding an
alternative.

World trade is pretty mature these days. Most countries have already set
up deals with others which suit them just fine. As we had. Of course
things change gradually - but having left the EU we need alternative
trading partners PDQ. If we can't make a suitable deal with the EU.

You must have read here and elswhere that were lots of markets just
gagging to do a deal with the UK free of the EU. Well, yes. Plenty want to
sell to us. But just who wants our goods and services that we don't
already sell to?

Have you been taking the Dense logic course. The rules say you can't
find an alternative before you leave!