Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit Omen

On 20/06/17 15:02, michael adams wrote:
news
On 20/06/17 13:19, michael adams wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
news

No difference at all. Walked away from a deal last month. I didn't need to buy a car,
so I kept the money and the car dealer lost the sale. WTO rules have the same effect.

The UK imports at least 40% of its food, and so unlike you and the car,
we do actually need to buy food. That's the difference.

Unless of course you're willing to allow 40% of the UK population to starve
to death, if you can't get the deal that you want. Whether deliberately or not.

so stupid on so many counts

snipped yesterday's Lidl shopping list

Trust you, to totally miss the point.

In the former case, Capitol could walk away from the car deal as he didn't actually
need a car.

In the latter case, the UK does actually need to import at least 40% of its food.

The first rule on page 1 of "Negotiating For Idiots" is to never let the other side know
just how desperate you are. As otherwise they will raise their asking price.

Whereas in this case, if the sellers have access to the Internet then they can look this
up on Wikipedia. And as soon as they see that 40% figure, that's it. Bingo !

When its a case of dumping a few thousand tons of courgettes or lemons,
as against 40% of a country's population dying of starvation, its pretty obvious
to me at least which party to that particulate transaction is holding the strongest hand.

And that is what makes you a complete ****wit..

Whoosh.

michael adams

private property.