Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit Omen

On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 14:09:28 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
michael adams wrote:

I think it as rather like changing jobs. A sensible person with
commitments would look round and test the waters etc to see how likely a
better one would be to find. Before resigning. I certainly did.

That would depend on the job you're leaving, and while in the job you'd know the benifits and downsides, and yuo're old employer would NOT be able to bully you, so I don't think this employer employee is very meaningful.

Did the UK test the waters to see how easy it would be to set up
alternative deals with other countries if/when we leave the EU? .

Well some did, whiel other decided we couldn't defeast the might of europe and would therefor starve or whatever.

Unlike
some other countries we are a long way from being self sufficient, so need
to trade to earn the money needed to survive.

The EU has about 10% of the worlds population, so yes there are other trading partners.

But having resigned with nowhere to go we have now got to go back to our
old employer and hope he'll take us back. Might not be quite under the
same conditions, though.

Well if you can trust your employers.