Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

On 20/06/2017 12:17, The Other Mike wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 16:56:27 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

Most of the flats around here have two or more staircases.

It a case of what the planning department think of cost v safety.

Those flats around you are they of a similar date of design and construction?

They were built in the early to mid '60s AFAIK.

My wife lived in one as a child so that makes them at least 50 years old.

I don't know how they were constructed but they have banned LPG.

If LPG is banned can they have a fridge? Will a fridge have enough gas
in it to cause a Ronan Point type of disaster?