Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit Omen

In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message
news

No difference at all. Walked away from a deal last month. I didn't need to buy a car,
so I kept the money and the car dealer lost the sale. WTO rules have the same effect.

The UK imports at least 40% of its food, and so unlike you and the car,
we do actually need to buy food. That's the difference.

Unless of course you're willing to allow 40% of the UK population to
starve to death, if you can't get the deal that you want. Whether
deliberately or not.

*Oh sorry I forgot about that bit".

Which isn't actually the bounds of possibility; given the degree of
mental competence you customarily display on this Newsgroup.

I think it as rather like changing jobs. A sensible person with
commitments would look round and test the waters etc to see how likely a
better one would be to find. Before resigning. I certainly did.

Did the UK test the waters to see how easy it would be to set up
alternative deals with other countries if/when we leave the EU? Unlike
some other countries we are a long way from being self sufficient, so need
to trade to earn the money needed to survive.

But having resigned with nowhere to go we have now got to go back to our
old employer and hope he'll take us back. Might not be quite under the
same conditions, though.

--
*When the going gets tough, use duct tape

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.