Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default PING -MIKE-

On 6/20/2017 1:54 AM, wrote:

McDonalds is not the employer. Their franchises employ the minimum
wage workers. I can't imagine that every one is the same. Seems to
me it's just more leftist tripe.

Guess it's easier to label, dismiss, and call names to things you are unaware or simply ignorant of. As of this time last year, it is reported that nearly 20% of McDonalds stores are corporate stores. This may be at odds with your own research, but I will take Motley Fool's piece on this subject over your research. No offense, and if you have any information that McDonald's owns no stores, I will contact MF myself with your findings.

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...are-owned.aspx

McDonalds has spent millions using some of their own stores are test beds for labor relations, product placement, product, training, etc. They regularly release their findings to the public, and their findings can be anywhere from mundane to nearly incredible depending on the subject matter. While they are currently trying to get the franchisees to take the whole burden of overhead on themselves, they haven't done it yet.

Robert

I read recently that there is a movement to make McDonalds responsible
for wages and labor compliance issues for all stores, including
franchisees. Seems wrong to me.