Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit Omen

In article ,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 08:18:54 UTC+1, Capitol wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:12:49 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 20:06:55 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 18:01:13 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

The best thing now for May (and the country) would be to go flat
out for the so-called "hard brexit" option. Don't fiddle around
tinkering with the existing rules; tear 'em *all* up and start
from scratch with a blank sheet of paper. Otherwise the *******s
who seek to subvert democracy will tie us up in knots in an
attempt to make it look like leaving the EU is just far too
complex to succeed and we might as well stay in. You wait and
see.

+1

Anything less than a hard line with the EU will be seen as
weakness and be taken full advantage of by the EU, to our
detriment.

Ah. Confrontation over cooperation - which one is more effective,
I wonder.

You must be an easy Mark when it comes to buying a car, then. Pay
their opening bid starting price, do you?

That's completely different, as you well know.

No difference at all. Walked away from a deal last month. I didn't
need to buy a car, so I kept the money and the car dealer lost the
sale. WTO rules have the same effect.

I suspect the only good way forward is no deal, at least until the EU
wants to get realistic about a deal, which won't be any time soon.

Back to that gamble again. They will eventually give 'us' exactly what
'we' want. Seems fewer in the UK are gamblers than once was the case,
though. Must have realised gambling is a fool's game.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.