Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PING -MIKE-

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 8:46:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Not sure whether you were agreeing with my findings and opinions or relying on some sardonic observation in your comments to carry your thoughts. Reading of current market trends and predictions of the effects of a $15 dollar wage is not a good idea. My observations aren't unique, and certainly not original. Nor are the long term predictions for the ramifications of a $15 minimum wage.

I have not dog in that fight and at this point don't really have the time to worry about what the politicians trying to recreate The Great Society are up to. Minimum wage workers only represent my cleanup guys and overall labor, which in my end of construction only represents a small part of my overall job cost. They are easily passed to the consumer by me, so no harm, no foul.

McDonalds is not the employer. Their franchises employ the minimum
wage workers. I can't imagine that every one is the same. Seems to
me it's just more leftist tripe.

Guess it's easier to label, dismiss, and call names to things you are unaware or simply ignorant of. As of this time last year, it is reported that nearly 20% of McDonalds stores are corporate stores. This may be at odds with your own research, but I will take Motley Fool's piece on this subject over your research. No offense, and if you have any information that McDonald's owns no stores, I will contact MF myself with your findings.

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...are-owned.aspx

McDonalds has spent millions using some of their own stores are test beds for labor relations, product placement, product, training, etc. They regularly release their findings to the public, and their findings can be anywhere from mundane to nearly incredible depending on the subject matter. While they are currently trying to get the franchisees to take the whole burden of overhead on themselves, they haven't done it yet.

Robert