jeffc

Default How can I fix cracks in plaster of old house?

"MrAoD" wrote in message
(Randd01) writes:

You could try using joint compound with mesh tape but they will continue

crack with the temperature changes.

Won't work. Joint compound and plaster have different moisture content
stability points.

I'd suggest finding the cause of the cracks first and fixing that.

Otherwise
simply undercut the existing cracks (they make a tool for that) so that

the new
plaster can "key" in. Trick to getting the new plaster to bond with the

old is
to water the crack immediately prior to applying the new. Give it two

weeks to
stabilize before painting.

Define what you mean by "won't work". It does work, at least as far as I
can tell.