Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Covering patches over a non-stainable wood filler

In article ,
says...

"J. Clarke" wrote:

In article ,
says...

Sharon m wrote:

I successfully (I thin) got rid of carpenter bees, only to find that
woodpeckers took their place., but the holes were now long and gouged. I
filled the holes with a filler, then sanded them, and then I started to stain
them. The stain would not work, and then, way too late in the day of course, I
read the directions on the wood filler, which stated 'non-stainable'. My
question is what can I use to cover, or get rid of those unstainable patches?

An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RHtEOQj4yo
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...enter+bee+trap

If that is beyond your skill set:
http://ebay.to/2sGQ1X9
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9GOTTM/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGGWWB7/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRoKgVQEjLQ

He wasn't asking about bees, he was asking for finishing advice.

She got lucky. It's bonus reply SUNDAY!
now run along and... http://i.imgur.com/Fvfh8sY.gif

What is this, National Be A Jackass Week?