Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hurricane Hurricane is offline

Default Robot locomotives

On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 17:19:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 4:59:01 PM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:09:27 -0700, Hurricane wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 08:38:53 -0700, Richard Persing
wrote:

On 6/13/2017 3:53 AM,
wrote:

Sort of like that Wieber guy when someone posts the list of all the
exciting and heroic things that he claims he has accomplished.
The two tours in Vietnam, the (what was it) 365mph motorcycle,

He only "officially" claimed 264mph, but I wouldn't be surprised to see
the speed fluctuate over time.

The story is a lie, of course. No one even believes he has ridden a
motorcycle at 150mph.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wieber's motorcycle experience is
essentially non-existent. His habit is to make up crazy stories about
whatever thing he wishes he'd accomplished. Even giving the benefit of
the doubt to his story that he used to ride an old BMW twin, it's most
likely he's never been over 100mph. He has, or had, a dust encrusted
junker in his yard.
http://tinyurl.com/ycmtqswa Gotta' love that sissy
bar! LOL He says it's an R90/6, but of course, the engine emblems and
side covers are long gone, which is exactly the type of thing Wieber
would do to further inflate his story. So it's very likely an R60/6.
Regardless, somewhere between 40 to 60 hp if it was in good condition
and tune, two things that would never be true of anything Wieber owns.
He won't post a photo of registration because even if the thing was
ever registered in his name, it would show how many decades it's been
since he's ridden. BTW, those old BMWs were highly overrated in their
day. I know, because I had a '77 R100RS, and was very happy when I got
rid of it.

This the best you can do...trying to say a R90/6 is a R60/6?

https://goo.gl/photos/zSL5ietBG8r75rGE9

https://goo.gl/photos/z4mqvUcspm5TbUP67

https://goo.gl/photos/F3g2GGqYuDYsAKBx7

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!

Nothing in that phot0 tells us it's an R90. The R60 looks the same -- I rode one from Lausanne to Dusseldorf, and it looks like the same bike.

I wish you lived close enough to take my bike for a spin. Almost 4
times the horsepower and light years better than the old beemers in
almost every respect. I see that the simpler boxers are finding new
life in hipster land, as retro "cafe racers." This guy's youtube
channel https://www.youtube.com/user/10341037 has many compilations of
examples. Stripped down, no battery, often no fenders, block tread
tires, etc. Some are more art than practical. But the class does
provide low cost riding for those who live where they can get
insurance for such things. I talked to a friend yesterday who owns a
vintage ('81 IIRC) bike. If he lets his insurance lapse, it can't be
renewed. He says that in his area some get around the problem with
vintage registration, which technically only allows limited use.