Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

Hmm, its a tough one this. I suspect that the actually reason in this
particular cases will turn out to be no blocking of the fire between flats
and floors and a chimney effect resulting from free air flow. Its probably
compounded by poor windows that either break or melt as well.
There is a world of difference between non flammable and stuff that will
burn at high temperatures, heck aluminium burns at high temperatures.

Maybe they should use the stuff they make the flat panels of toasters from.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
news
A nearby wooden bungalow was refurbished and the insulation improved with
Celotex a few years ago. I wonder if the occupants know that was the stuff
on the outside of Grenfell tower that burns at high temperatures and gives
off toxic fumes.

I have considered putting some Celotex in my attic and then covering it
with thin plywood so that I could walk on it but I have rather gone off
the idea, though if the house catches fire badly, I am unlikely to want to
go in the attic.

--
Michael Chare

---