Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Help: New plug rating/size for air compressor?

On 6/17/17 6:31 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 07:53:19 -0600, Brewster wrote:

Since we're making rocket surgery out of a simple plug replacement, I'll
throw in another option.

Get an extension cord with the same gauge wire as the current compressor
cord. Cut off the female end and wire it into the compressor.

Hey! That would make too much sense and probably be cheaper. How dare
you 8^)

-BR

I do it all the lime for power tool cords - I can make them as long
or short as I want - and even color code them so it is easy to see
which tool is plugged in.

I almost went that route when cording up my then-new Unisaur. A 220V
12GA orange extension cord was much cheaper than the cut-to-length cable
and a plug. The cable was much more flexible then the orange cord (and
it wasn't orange ugh!) so I went with my elitist demon.

-BR