Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grenfell Tower - Celotex

On 18/06/17 12:25, Robin wrote:
On 18/06/2017 11:55, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Get some and put a blowtorch to it.
Celotex insulation does not really burn.

Where "not really" means that an external flame will make it burn,
giving off a surprising amount of smoke, it will char and and the
flame from the foam will sputter out after a few seconds when you take
the blowtorch away ... maybe a big slab with lower surface:volume
ratio performs better than tests on offcuts of an inch or two?

Celotex or Celotex FR5000? The former is Class 1, the latter Class 0.

When I fitted Celotex in the loft here I reckoned that by the time a
fire had gone through the plasterboard into the loft I'd either be out
or dead. And that the Victorian rafters and joists would go up like the
proverbial in any event.

whatever was fitted to my house

Tried to burn the scraps. No go.

Josef Stalin