Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony CDP101 repair

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:39:49 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:25:06 +0000 (UTC), "Daniel Mandic"
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I don't know what makes Phil run. I also don't care. If I did know,
I wouldn't discuss it in public because they have nothing to do with
the repair problems under discussion. All I care is that he continue
to produce correct answers and offer useful experiences. Behind the
keyboard, he could be the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler, and I
would still say nice things about his troubleshooting and experience.

From your lips to PHIL'S ears.
From my sight, he is a redneck-yankee rep, who eats squirrels and other
small wood-animals and other stuff.... ;-)

There was a time when I tried to visualize what various internet
personalities looked like. Mostly, this was based on the way they
wrote, the size of their vocabulary, the number of years of
experience, and various things that could be deduced from their
writings. Then, I met a few or saw their photographs. I was
consistently wrong about age, appearance, demeanor, etc. Worse, the
way some people wrote was radically different from the way they spoke.
In most cases, my illusions were better than their reality. After far
too many disappointments, I gave up trying. Of course, you're welcome
to continue guessing from where I gave up.

Greetings Jeff,
You are so right when it comes to meeting people and them speaking
differently than they write. I know I sound much different in person
than what you would probably expect from what I write. For one, I
proofread almost everything I post and this gets rid of most errors,
not only spelling but also of politeness and etiquette. This error
checking may make me seem more erudite. Or maybe I should say almost
erudite. Sometimes I'll write something when I'm agitated and then
don't post it because the act of writing is enough, I don't need to
post. In person I might just shoot my mouth off and then later have to
apologize to someone. I find it is much easier to get my foot out of
my mouth when writing something than when speaking in person to
someone. In fact, almost nobody reading my posts notices that my
breath can smell a little like dirty socks now and then.
Cheers,
Eric