Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PING -MIKE-

On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 11:43:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/16/2017 8:18 PM, wrote:

Employees are people too. I certainly wouldn't work for an employer
who assumed I was stealing from him every time I went to take a
****. The employer/employee relationship is a two-way street.

He's not assuming anything.

Wrong. He stated that they *are*. They all are.

He said he's had employees steal from him and gave examples.
Yes, it's a two way street. You do the work required and go home with a
paycheck.

But if I'm treated like a dog, I'll find another master. ...as will
everyone else.

What if the employer is cheating you of the time you worked? You'd be
singing a different story. Geez, you sound like a millennial.

They do. Constantly. FOrced overtime. Vacations canceled. Vacation
time lost. It happens.

You sound like a moron.

What seems to be lost here is that people actually have control over
their life and business.

Don't like your boss? Quit
Don't like your employee? Fire him/her

It's not lost on me! That's exactly my philosophy. My employer needs
me as much as I need him. Any other relationship is broken.

Most of us have put up with a tyrant boss for a time but smart people
make an exit plan and execute it.

I'm sure we all have some stories on both sides for employer/employee
abuse. I know of a company that pays at least 20% more than others to
its supervisors. Why? The money is the only reason they put up with
the crap they have to deal with.

If an employee steals, fire him. State laws vary, but usually, an "at
will" employee can be let go at any time for any reason.

Or none.

Some employers
will put up with some nonsense as the employee has exceptional skills.
Your choice to make.

Precisely.