Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Cutting Off Those Darn Dovetails

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 12:22:36 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Leon Fisk" wrote in message news Harbor Freight was selling a Skil type saw made for metal
that even came with a blade.

*** I looked for it the other day but it seems
they don't carry it anymore. ***

Yeah, that's a recurring refrain these days. As much as we complained about
Harbor Freight back in the day it was a much better resources when the old
man was running the company. I remember the thick catalogs we used to get
in the mail with super thin paper. THEY HAD STUFF. Now they are just
having sale after sale on the same old sh*t. I used to look forward to the
sale fliers in the mail, but now I just pitch them without even looking.

Two things:
1) Home Depot has a wide variety of diamond metal-cutting circular blades - a wide range of sizes and prices, too.

2) A LONG time ago, it was called Harbor Freight Salvage - they bought abandoned containers and sold the contents. Interesting mix of stuff.

3) OK, a baker's couple: Of the discontinued things, I'm most ****ed about the little carbide tool grinder they used to have. It wasn't great, but it didn't totally suck, either. By the time I was ready to buy it, it was gone.